Jamming with a friend is one of my favorite sources of entertainment. Its such an amazing feeling, that only musicians can really understand. Its like sharing apart of your soul with someone. Complementing each others tones, and singing as if your talking just like its a normal thing to do.
This is the first guitar I ever received. My grandma is the one who bought it for me, so it has great sentimental value. I will never sell this guitar and I cherish it dearly, as if its apart of me. Eventually someday I will pass this on to my children, which I don't yet have and hopefully not anytime soon.
This is a picture I took when I was on a ski lift. I'm terribly scared of heights, so this was a tough thing for me to do. The fact I did ride it, is what amazed me. It made me realize that from facing my fear of heights, made me grow into someone that takes risks more often.
I'm a very social person, so having friends to connect with is very important to me. I'm always looking for someone new to form a bond with of some sort. Isn't that the whole reason as to why were put on this earth, is connection?
I took this photo at a concert I went to. The man in this photo is Victor Wooten, an amazing bassist. Why I post this, is to explain that you don't truly hear an artist music, until you hear them live. Studio versions of songs are so limited compared to live performance. Artist can put so much more feeling into live music.
These are just a few of my beliefs, hope you enjoy.
Tyler, I love how your following your passion for music.I like how you have laid out your blog as well. Great Job!
ReplyDeletewe both have such a strong passion for music,or just art in general!If only i wasnt shy we could totally make a song together!Keep going boi!
ReplyDeleteEach class, students post thoughts and passages on these blogs that amount to some of the best prose they will write all semester. And that's because within the "safety" of the blog, they aren't trying to be "right" or worried about an answer. They're just expressing.
ReplyDeleteAnd you've done that here in this piece so very well. I think that one of my favorite lines is right at the start when you say, "Its like sharing apart of your soul with someone. Complementing each others tones, and singing as if your talking just like its a normal thing to do.">>wow, what a great description! Thanks for sharing some of your beliefs with all of us so we could get to know you better./lm