Friday, May 3, 2013

My Recipe for a Meaningful Life

When it comes to living a meaningful life, I feel that one should first start off by being themselves. Instead of being someone you're not, just to fit in with that supposedly "cool" group. I know from experience. When I was younger I tried to fit into a group that was not me. I felt out of place and could not flourish into the person I wanted to be. So my advise would be, be yourself and you will fall into the group that suits you. Surround yourself with people that are going to take you for who you are and not judge you for every flaw you make, because life's a journey that's bound for mistakes.

Find something that drives you, something that you are passionate for. Mine would be music. Without my passion for music, I'm not even sure who I would be today. Take music away, my life turns into a life without meaning. That's how important music is to me.

Don't live your life in fear of dying or you will never live happy, instead embrace death because it's only a mere change of reality.

"Keep fresh before me the moments of my high resolve"
-Dr. Howard Thurman

5 comments:

  1. You have some really good points.
    Being yourself and passion,
    very well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her quote.
    but I can't understand her name.

    I like your take on life about
    how being in the popular crowd
    seams important to some people.

    "Don't try to fit in; instead try to change the world"
    -Can't remember were I heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very thoughtful blog here Tyler, I can really tell your constantly thinking on a deeper level. Don't lose that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good point about surrounding yourself with the right people. Remember though, to often try new things and to sometimes reach outside your comfort zone. Sometimes you have to try on many hats before you find one that fits. Sounds like you found yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lot of people already said some pretty thoughtful things about your post. I'll add on and say that it sounds like you have a genuinely authentic perspective at this moment on how you want to live your life. This is a great thing to have as you walk along the journey of life.

    It has been great having you in class. Thank you for sharing so many of your heartfelt perspectives with the class and with me. You had some great insights that added to our discussions.//lm

    ReplyDelete