Wednesday, January 30, 2013

The best song that wasn't even his!


This is a great form of success to me. Jimi Hendrix took a song by The Leaves called "Hey Joe."
Then made it famous by recreating it with his on feeling. That's why being original leads to success in my eyes.

Here's the original version of "Hey Joe" by The Leaves.
I'm posting it as well so you can understand what I mean by the difference.


6 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging Tyler. Your posts already have a strong sense of voice, authenticity and originality. I'm looking forward to reading more of them this semester.//LM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet this great news. Thanks for the good feed back. So far I'm really enjoying your class. Even though I never really cared for English cause its not my strongest subject. But you have a great way of making it intriguing, and I think you for that.

      Delete
  2. This is one of my all time favorite songs Tyler. I also love "Castles Made Of Sand". I own a couple albums and probably should own more. But for now, Jimi Hendrix Experience/Smash Hits and Band of Gypsies will have to do. Thanks for reminding me to listen to my Jimi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Castle Made of Sand" is a great song man. The metaphors he uses are amazing. That applies to all of his songs. You have great taste in music man. Look forward to talking to you more in class.

      Delete
  3. I do believe life would be a little bit better with a soundtrack;
    Now I break into a musical number to describe it: ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude my whole life seams like a song and I'm just riffing along with it.

      Delete